View Single Post
      06-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #18
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Looking at the EXIF on Flickr, you used a kit lens, wide open, with no digital lens optimization. You're going to get shallow DOF, geometric distortion and smearing in the corners with that setup.

You seem serious about your IQ, so maybe it's time to move up to L-series lenses, shooting in RAW and apply DLO to your shots during RAW conversion. Oh yeah, and use apertures that maximize DOF, not minimize. Really. You've got a good body and your demonstrating some good basic skills, so maybe it's time to pull out the wallet again.

Before you pull out the wallet, try similar shots with the same equipment, but shoot in RAW, stop the lens down to f/16 and apply DLO in RAW conversion. (You have LR, but Digital Photo Professional, that shipped with your camera, has excellent DLO modules).

I was afraid that I may need a quality lens instead of kit lens but wasn't really sure if I could get by with them. I do shoot in RAW but after post production I change it to Jpeg in order to post it to my flickr site. I wasn't aware that we could upload them as raw file?

Thanks again for your tips dcstep! Can you also check out my car photography thread and give me some critiques?
TIA