2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
How could you tell that I'm not a fan of Apple?! Besides the inferiority of their products, the hypocrisy of their "privacy", and hypocrisy of them standing for equality and human rights (child labor), I prefer freedom of choice. That and Apple fan boys are utterly annoying and arrogant (just look at your post)

Based on your assumptions, I guess BMW equates to crap for actually choosing to freely develop their own tech?
Once upon a time when I was much younger I was like you. I pilloried all those who chose to use apple products and be involved with their ecosystem. Pah, how can you spend 3-4x the cost for inferior hardware when I can build you the same thing for a fraction of the cost? Why would you use an ipod when you can use a zune? Why use an iPhone when you can use the original G1?

It was with the Pixel 4 that I decided that enough was enough. I got an iPhone. You see, what happened is Google killed rooting. I use stuff like f-droid, and sideload all sorts of things and of course use DNS level adblocking. Soon, magisk was not really as much of a thing and with the advent of Samsung Knox being a huge pile of garbage, an entire section of the market stopped rooting their phones because of "my bank app doesn't work". Then that turned into "the mcdonalds app doesn't work because it checks for root". Now if you peruse the xda forums and look at what phones even have a custom rom, much less a root, you'll be sorely disappointed. All the samsung drones can't do anything to their devices and give up their data not only to google but samsung as well. If you knew anything about phones and I mean anything, you'd understand it's one of the most formidable data-collection devices that has ever been conceived of. People put their entire lives on these devices - their habits, likes, wants and desires, their dislikes, how they are politically, everything.

Android fanboys have their head right on up their ass just like apple-drones. Both ecosystems and platforms suck for different reasons and it seems that you haven't figured that out yet. All companies farm and monetize your data. So with that being said, who has the best track record of not fucking you as hard as the other? You have google which has absolutely terrible privacy protections and only recently started improving what an application can and cant access to the degree necessary. The onus for this wasn't the plethora of XDA users digging up everything on each app and checking what telemetry it sends - no it was Apple who did this first and championed users rights. If they're full of shit I'm not sure, but what I can say, is that you're given a choice of who fucks you.

I do not like a lot of things about my iPhone and the ecosystem, but it works a hell of a lot better as a phone than my OnePlus 9 pro, or Pixel 6 and 7. I use both ecosystems every day, and can authoritatively speak on how much they both suck. I also happen to use Linux, OSX and Windows on a daily basis, so I get to have the full contrasting experience of this tech miasma we get to live in. In summary, you're fighting the wrong battle. Apple sucks yes, but so does Android. I think apple sucks a little less for it's intended purpose, but there are still many concerns to be had about ones data and otherwise complete lack of privacy. I don't use carplay in any of my cars, and try to mitigate what I can on my devices in terms of data collection.
PhaceN52174.50
Joachim349.00
Accentu8705.00