View Single Post
      06-03-2018, 06:37 PM   #28
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
I just found it striking that the 2, 3, 4 series all declined, and 5, 7 series were up. I get more excitement for new models but when your bread and butter is off, that’s kind of worrisome. Clearly bleeding sales to elsewhere (Alfa, Audi, Mercedes...???) but who picking up the lion’s share of lost sales.
Or moving to another segment.
It is to no surprise that traditional segments continue to be eaten away by sales of more popular equivalent SUV models. We are starting to see this migration in other markets. Someone who is in the market for a 3er,C-Klasse,A4 or Guilia would more than likely leave with an X3,GLC,Q5 or Stelvio.

If we take European markets the 1er as an example in the C-Segment is being sustained by customers migrating to the 2er Active Tourer, X1 and now the X2.

Every manufacturer is being driven by their SUV sales in the USA. When the new X5 comes in line I am expecting to see slight decline with the 5er same for the 7er with the X7 in the USA despite the arrival of the LCI with a full line of updated engines and drivetrains.