View Single Post
      01-08-2023, 06:59 AM   #32
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep

Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
My Mum started having falls & not mostly not being able to get herself of the floor back in late 2018, at the time she was 88 & living ‘alone’ in her sheltered accommodation flat. There were a few times when she’d managed to get to her phone & call me or reach the emergency cord in her flat & there were also times when I’d arrive for my daily visit & find that she’d been on the floor for hours.
After having had to call an ambulance for her a few times she was eventually admitted to hospital & eventually diagnosed with Parkinson’s at that time she didn’t have ‘the shakes’ & was in hospital for nearly 3 months.
When the doctors decided that she was well enough to be discharged she was adamant that she would return to her flat & couldn’t be persuaded otherwise.
Within 6 months she had had more falls & had deteriorated to the point that she couldn’t walk or get herself to the bathroom or kitchen & the 3 times a day care package that was in place clearly wasn’t working.
She was readmitted to hospital for a further month & I finally got her a place in a nursing home, she’s now 92, had 4 covid vaccinations & has had covid 3 times & pulled through each time, despite having being quite unwell.
I am pleased that she had the vaccinations & suspect she may not have pulled through had she not been vaccinated, two other residents that had refused vaccinations both caught covid over Christmas & both were admitted to hospital & died.
There has been a covid ‘outbreak’ at her nursing home for 3 weeks now with a lot of the staff & residents testing positive with some becoming more unwell than others.
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Esteban42184.00
Needsdecaf6355.50