View Single Post
      10-01-2022, 05:00 AM   #3
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
For me driving a car during daylight - almost always - gives me a migraine style headache. Every long ride I’m driving almost always induces one. Could it be sunlight and my physical eyes. Is it stress - because I often am happy just cruising in the right lane not worried about time. Conversely riding a motorcycle similar long distance never gives me a headache ( one exception- it was a long day and I was overheated and riding in a slow group )

Sometimes i obsess over business and that seems to induce a headache occasionally.

One last item that gives me headaches seems to be large servings of sweet processed foods with ingredients like sugar-water or other low quality sugar gives me a problem.

But when I go for a run on a bright sunny day and work from home I never get a headache.

I probably have obsessive compulsive and ADHD type character. And driving is certainly a primary factor.

So those are my triggers.
Light sensitivity is something I've seen in people before that triggered headaches. It's often corrected with limiting light to the eyes. Sun glasses or blue light blocking glasses for some may be needed, but sometimes it's as simple as not turning on the fluorescent light over the sink while washing dishes. That worked for one patient I know. I've used True Dark Sunglasses with success in the past. They're good for anyone who looks a lot of computer screens all day.

When light sensitivity is an issue, melatonin levels often come into play. Our oxidative stress levels are so high that melatonin is utilized as an anti-oxidant and our levels are diminished. Melatonin, IMO, is one of the most important supplements we can take, especially if we are dealing with viral issues.
2018 M6 Gran Coupe> DME Stage 2 ECU Remap>Xpress Power Catless Downpipes>Resonator Delete> KW Height Adjustable Springs>Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser>Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler>Carbon Fiber Mirrors>IND Painted Front Grille> IND Painted Front Reflector>JR-34 Gunmetal Wheels, 20mm Spacer on rear, 10mm Spacer on front>RK Autowerks Carbon Air Intake>Racing Dynamics Carbon Engine Cover>Carbon Steering Wheel
overcoil3073.50