Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 2017 BMW M4CP SO

Garage List
2014 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Actually, I stand by all of that. It's not mocking you (although you seem to be overly sensitive). The body does need some sugar to function optimally. Source of that sugar is an entirely different discussion (dairy or carbsfor example).

As for the risks of a keto diet, there is plenty of literature to support all of my comments. You can point out alternative studies and believe differently, but there are plenty of articles and studies which raise these concerns.

The bottom line is that you have drunk gallons of the keto koolaid and are unwilling to tolerate even the mildest question about your belief in the diet. I already know you'll respond with another personal attack so this is my last post in this thread.
There's plenty of literature to support it, but you conveniently didn't provide any sources...

This is where your problem is, you think it's about "belief". You state your beliefs, I respond with scientific facts, you get butthurt.

You went from "body does need sugar to function properly." to "body does need some sugar to function optimally". At least your beliefs are changing gradually towards scientific truth, which is your body doesn't need sugar at all, because of gluconeogenesis. This is facts, science, biology. Learn it. And I really hope this is your last post in this thread, so I don't have to repeat myself. You can challenge me with facts and studies, I'm not here to debate your religious beliefs.