View Single Post
      09-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #71
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
Yes, I messed the math a bit (used 3kcal/g), but it's a moot point. 375g or 500g protein a day is still a lot more than any normal person needs, even those building muscle (pushing 3000kcal/day). I apologise for the mistake.

You made things up, because there is no such thing as protein intake recommendation for keto, apart from "don't eat too much of it, so it doesn't take you out of ketosis through gluconeogenesis". Keto simply doesn't have protein requirements, but it's a VERY high fat, VERY low carb diet, which usually pushes protein intake into 15-20% range.

I don't know where you got 160lbs lean mass from. You realise that's your body mass minus fat? Your average in shape adult male in US would have to be 7ft tall. It's going to be more like 120lbs, which is 13-23% of calories from protein on 2500 RDI based on reddit FAQ. This will vary from person to person, but it's in line with 15-20% range, which is a common guideline. This time you got your math wrong.

Bottom line, keto is anything but a high protein diet. The reason you couldn't find it is, because keto is not about protein, and there is no such recommendation. Implying that it is and will damage your kidneys is pure fabrication.
The thing is, I was able to find recommendations for protein intake from almost every source I went to. The only place that protein intake wasnt even mentioned was in Stephen's 1983 trial.

The 160lb lean body mass is taken from the Average Weight of an US Male is 196lbs and average body fat percentage is 18%, so that is what I went with. It is also right about where my measurements come out to.

As to the point of protein, generally the foods found in Keto diets are protein packed foods (meats). Even Bacon, which is the preferred food of every Keto'er i know, has an almost 1:1 ratio of fatrotein.

Will say Keto Flu is real though. been ketoing since friday and not even close to feeling 100%. My gym experience yesterday made me feel like i was gonna die.