View Single Post
      11-02-2022, 11:25 AM   #199
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNight707 View Post
Believe it or not, this is the safest more efficient way to merge… and in places like southern California, the only way.

“ Zipper merge

Road work or accidents may require lane closures. When you encounter lane closures, you may need to get into a new lane or allow others to get into your lane. Zipper merging is considered to be a best practice by the Federal Highway Administration and a safe way to handle lane closures. Zipper merging is when drivers use both lanes of traffic until they reach the defined merge area and then alternate into the open lane in a zipper fashion. A zipper merge reduces unexpected and dangerous lane switching as well as traffic backup.”

Mine is when the idiot from the number 5-6 lane jumps to the number 1-2 lane to just go SLOWER!!!!!
If you read my follow up posts, I was not referring to zipper merging...I know what that is and that it's the safest /most effective way of merging (when done correctly). I'm talking about the people that fly down to the end of the merge lane just to come to a complete stop and then try to figure out how to get in (now that cars are lined up bumper to bumper). It actually prevents others from using the zipper method.