06-30-2022, 04:30 AM   #14
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep

Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Perfect for most people. But I intend to have one car that does it all, rather than shelling out for one DD and one weekend car.

I shift gears and rip around corners on a daily basis, so the thought of never being able to do that again angers me. There's no EV on the market [YET] which provides the level of theatre than many ICE cars do. Especially when enthusiast cars only make up a miniscule percentage of new car sales. They aren't doing shit to the environment.

You only have 1 car now?

There are more people than enthusiasts that pick EV over ICE and that's their only car.

I have multiple cars and an EV is in my fleet, and my DD.

No one is arguing the emotional attachment to ICE cars. We're talking about a point A to B type of car. I would say 97% of all car buyers think of cars as appliances. Which means zero care in the world for them. You buy, use, dispose, and get another one. That's the life cycle of a typical car buyer.

We represent a small percentage. So if you're arguing can EV replace ICE in a emotional way? I would say no.

If you're arguing that not buying an EV will slow down this process? I say you're going to lose that battle. Not with me, but in general.