11-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #5140
fluidkaos
I wanna go fast!
United_States
Rep

Drives: like a madman.

Garage List
2010 E92 335i  [9.31]
I looked into a DSLR dive case, and they are super expensive ($1,000+). And then you start adding on lights and becomes a very expensive cumbersome rig to move through the water. I'd only suggest a DSLR dive case if you are a very avid diver, and shoot underwater a lot. The S95 case (as with most Canon dive cases) is only $150.

As for the auto focus, it's not a matter of being underwater, it was the poor visibility that limited its ability to work. In clearish water, auto-focus works great, but where I was in Mozambique had just had a storm the day before, and that churned up the water a lot. With all the silt and muck in the water I couldn't see one end of this shark from the other. Attached is the orig .jpg straight from the camera for comparison. I was at most 10 feet away from this guy.

@DC. Damn. That's a good shot. I don't disagree, that iPhone has a good camera on it. I just prefer the versatility and dynamic range of raw shooting. I do, quite literally, take my S95 where ever I go. That may be in most part due to the fact that I still have a Razor as my phone, and it's barely fit to take a picture of anything at all, let alone a picture of any quality.
Attached Images