View Single Post
      08-12-2021, 04:22 AM   #40
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
"Fernando Alonso" : 'Eau Rouge is the F1 Roller Coaster, and the most beautiful corner in the world !
It's interesting how Alonso describes Eau Rouge/Raidillon; he says that the images on TV of the gradient going uphill doesn't do it justice.
And that was exactly the feeling I got when I first was at Spa-Francorchamps.
You almost see the cars shooting up in the air.

And especially when you drive the track; you go down from la Source, and in Eau Rouge you feel your car pressed down against the asphalt giving immense traction. Alonso talks about 4G; obviously I never experienced that

And then you go up in a slight curve, and you indeed se nothing but the sky (Alonso experiences this from a very low F1 car but in a normal car you still see nothing from how the track continues).
So you enter Kemmel straight (at high speed, in a normal car still easily 100mph+) completely blind.
I think this would also be an awesome part of the track to do on a motorcycle.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
EdM53825.50
M5Rick58412.50
MKSixer34171.50