View Single Post
      09-16-2022, 06:59 PM   #80
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I've been having a FML week. I have a ticking time bomb problem at work that needs to be remedied by lunchtime next Monday or thousands of things will break, and every time that I try to work on it for even a minute someone interrupts with self-inflicted emergencies. I've been Zoom-ambushed into an all-afternoon remote support call with a vendor for a trivial user error, pulled to do urgent user data archive dumps for auditors, and all kinds of other crap that should have been done in July.

I got a 4:00 AM head start this morning, and actually knocked out a whole lot on my time bomb before the start of business. As I was doing a cut/paste at 8:05 AM with instructions for a colleague to help with one step, the freaking power at home dropped! I sent the email before my UPS batteries went dead, but the power was off until 10:30 AM. Then, I had the fun of cold-booting my house from scratch, which took another hour before I could resume working.

Oh, I should add that the well pump lost its prime while the power was out, so I had to go through the afternoon without running water...and on diuretics enough to need the toilet twice per hour!

This week has made me start to think that Ted Kaczynski wasn't *completely* crazy after all.....