05-28-2019, 05:03 AM   #3394
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Thank you for the heads up, dude, to be honest I didn't know how strict the canadian weapon rulez are, before explanation I thought they were limp as into the US.

Oh c'mon, really that Nazi killer argument? If someone ran outta theses at least my country is blamed for the cruelty within this dark period. But: I dont feel responsible for this and I refuse to take the shame and other things just because Im a German. Its always necessary to remember the way which has led us to that govt but I dont share the public opinion that we have to be remembered year-by-year-by...you name it. Everybody knows about our history and imo its not necessary to point us to it at every possible moment.
But this go way too far and its also the wrong thread to talk about this.

My old wing was based near Kiel and I was visiting the Iowa during her visit at the Kiel week, that was quite impressing. Chime in when you're here into down south and you need any assistance
You’re the one who who said, other countries have strict gun control laws, like mine, so what?
You brought politics into this and I answered your question with a valid answer to which why citizens should not bow to gun control.Germany is the biggest and best evidence of this in the modern era and since you mentioned ‘my country and WWII’ and you opened the door wide for my response. I have German blood running through me so I know what you mean. It’s akin to blaming all white Americans today or even back then for the sins of slavery over a century ago. My family was from NY, didn’t own slaves, didn’t endorse slavery and my Great, great grandfather fought to free slaves.
I’m not trying to make your generation responsible either, not in the slightest.

I’m embarrassed by my countries history on the subject but I don’t mind people discussing it, it’s history good or bad and is important to talk about.

The Iowa class BB’s are awesome beasts. I had the pleasure when on my ship of conducting joint gunnery exercises with the USS New Jersey in Puerto Rico in the 8o’s. I wish they would activate at least one of them, they’re awesome vessels and good for public relations and are just plain bad ass.
Thanks for the offer of us visiting your country, I appreciate it and will keep this in mind when we do head there.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 05-28-2019 at 06:43 AM..
Dang3r12512.00