05-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #3391
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Like individual personal security, persons of special interest, e.g.

You know what, meanwhile we aren't allowed just to carry foldable sticks or just hand knuckles into our cars. They're treated like weapons and if you got caught with them...well, good luck.
I understand your argument to protect your home against burglars and in times where a human live wouldn't matter even for a fistful cents...
But this discussion would go too far at the end and won't legalize guns into your private hands. If everybodys' be able to carry and use one, thats anarchy.
What do you mean with a well known history? We had the RAF into the 70ths and a few weirdos until now but I wouldn't rate this as representative for my whole country.
I agree to your statement about WWII, that was just my point of history turn to a more peaceful time. Ok, thats also obsolete today but was a milestone after years of war violence and human cruelty against each other.
By well know history I was referring to the Nazi years where many thousands of German citizens were dragged out of their homes, lost everything they owned and sent to the camps where most lost literally everything. They were the proverbial sheep who couldn’t defend themselves. To paraphrase, If people don’t remember history they repeat it.

I hear what you’re saying but.... Similar events have occurred numerous times since the 30’s-40’s Germany. Terrible govts going against the populace are really a bigger threat then are burglars at least as far as mass murder is concerned. Man will always find ways to kill man, there’s no changing that, ever. Peace is always the calm between the storms, we all wish that it lasts as long as possible but it’s violence is always looming and comes on to often. Evil is always with us, civilian and political. IMO.

Germany is a beautiful country and I enjoyed immensely my time in Kiel when my ship was there for Kiel Week back in the 80’s. My wife and I are planning a trip for Bavaria in the near future. Prost
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 05-27-2019 at 07:55 PM..
Dang3r12512.00