View Single Post
      08-12-2015, 02:07 AM   #86
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep

Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

While if I had the choice, I would choose the GT3, price aside, a large displacement, high-revving, flat-plane V8 is a feat in and of itself and is completely unique compared to anything out there and it looks and sounds incredible! On its own merits, the GT350R would seem to be an awesome car to own. Yes, a tad heavy, but even in pro hands who can exploit every tenth of a second, being off 1-2 seconds vs a GT3 is not gonna make a difference for us amateurs going on the track..it will be all driver at that point. Actually the Mustang may be somewhat easier to drive without nannies on and would not surprise me that in most situations, most drivers may be faster in a GT350. Just pay attention to what happens on the track, there are a disproportionate amount of "GT3 meets the wall" situations where such a rear biased car can be tougher to control.

What is also appealing for the Mustang are all the consumables needed for a track car will be extremely cheap, you will not feel bad about minor damages and you'll have full Ford factory warranty support for tracking your car, which is not something that I believe Porsche offers even with the GT3 (with any consistency).

What Ford is offering vis a vis every car other car maker is incredible and the fact that BMW isn't even entering into the same conversation about excitement factor of the GT3 and GT350 is pretty sad.