View Single Post
      05-30-2023, 08:32 AM   #64
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
How does everyone not see its a huge d!ck move to flex games between Thursday & Sunday? Used to be a diehard NFL watcher, not so much anymore, kinda tired of most sports in general as it's such a greed fest and most athletes are entitled jerks. But the NFL used to care highly about the fans, but now they think those attending the games are too small portion of the pie to matter. Just another example of billionaires out of touch with reality.
It makes sense. At most, 100k fans attend a game in person but millions watch the Thursday night game. As someone who watches football, i prefer to not watch 2 trash teams play thursday.

and at least they are giving at least a months notice if they are going to flex it. And there are really only a couple games that will probably get flexxed.

Week 13: Seattle @ Dallas - Not getting flexxed. Cowboys one of the biggest markets
Week 14: New England @ Pittsburgh - Maybe, but NE and Pit both have big markets
Week 15: Los Angeles Chargers @ Las Vegas - Division battle, most likely both are jockeying for playoffs, probably not getting flexxed
Week 16: New Orleans @ Los Angeles Rams - Good chance of getting flexxed.
Week 17: New York Jets @ Cleveland - Rodgers and the Jets probably battling for division, Cleveland and Watson same thing, maybe but would be a game between 2 good QBs and probably 2 good teams. Unless theres a divisional rivalry game with playoff implications, i dont see it.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?