Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklotz View Post
I canceled an order for an M340i from a dealership, mainly because they would only sell me the car if I agreed to pay $1200 for some paint protector I didn't want. I found the car somewhere else and bought that one under more agreeable terms. I also called the 800 BMW number to ask if they could do that. Well, clearly they didn't like that much because they made me chase after them to get my deposit refunded, which they eventually did. That was a month ago.

Fast forward to today. I get a letter in the mail telling me they denied my credit application. OK, but I dumped you first, so there! Ha! Seriously though, my credit is excellent. Why on earth would they send me that letter? Just to be childish? The order had been canceled already a month ago, deposit refunded, not to mention I could buy 2 more BMW's if I wanted to (I don't), so what's the point? Just a passive aggressive jab? That's all I can figure.

Why are most car dealerships so scummy?
Not all dealership try to screw you like this, but ones like this need to be called out.

What is the name of the dealer?