View Single Post
      03-14-2023, 04:23 PM   #99
Artemis
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
You can tell Alonso is so proud of Max, and was absolutely gutted he wasn't able to finish the lap.
Alonso has always rooted for Max, even defending him when people said he was too young to be in F1.
You really can't hate Alonso, I'm not sure if anyone saw his documentary on Prime, but it made me respect him more, and how much he loves racing.
He went to LeMans, won, then placed high in a Baja Rally and tried to do IndyCar.
Interview by Coulthard the day after Verstappen's first WDC in 2021 (Dec 9, 2021).

Max discloses his bromance with Alonso ("really good friendship"), the F1 driver that inspires him + he hopes that someday Alonso gets a competitive car ("I would like to see him back at the front - he really deserves it").

Looks like that someday has arrived this season. Looking forward to Max-Fernie battles on track this year.

20:40 - 22:10:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
You're more likely to get Lando Norris in the second seat tbh.
He's basically Max's best friend and a talent RB would love to have, and Norris is having trouble getting a podium in McLaren and with how shit their development is going, I would not be surprised to see him leaving.
You could be right. Norris and Verstappen get along very well.

"Max Verstappen reveals 'my best friend on the grid'"
https://f1i.com/news/468526-max-vers...-the-grid.html