01-21-2023, 08:39 PM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Wow. I had no idea this had happened because I no longer watch cable TV, or network TV. As the pit boss said, "that's an act of God". There are no coincidences. Grosjean was blessed to be able to walk away.

I see many videos of folks on this forum doing track day HPDE events and Time Trial events while wearing no fire rated driving gloves or even an FIA fire rated driver's suit, not to mention nomex underwear, while at the same time having spent tens of thousands on mods for their cars i.e. track wheels, track tires, big brakes, aero, motor, tunes, exhaust, seats, etc. etc.

Anybody venturing out onto any track for a high speed event should see this video. I've said it before, "it's hard to put a fire out with your bare hands". As a professional driver, Grosjean probably had the benefit of training and knew not to take deep breaths to avoid damage to his lungs from smoke inhalation and searing heat, as well as to do his best to try and remain calm. That's assuming he wasn't unconscious.

He survived, but look at all the safety gear he was wearing. An act of God.
They say Romain Grosjean is the Phoenix of the fire ..

Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
DrFerry6728.50
M3 boi3211.00
M5Rick60013.50
NYG10683.00