08-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #245
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Depends from where the wind comes , actually you need to feel it and choose to drive on the left or right side from the wheel in front of you ..
The Belgian competition riders are world famous for it , that's why you can see them in a race all on one line.. but from one side of the road to the other side over the road against the wind ..
And mostly the last ones are in trouble because the road is not large enough , they come in the full wind and it's game over !
That's why I said previous to you ...You should try a amateur race to learn because a lot of strategy is involved .
A driver who don't knows it will lose a lot energy during the race even with a little wind or without wind..
There is a reason why they ride on one side of the road ...

Dammit..I don't know the word in English but here in Belgium we call it => "Waaiervorming tegen de wind"
Here in Belgium we say ...Don't ride with your legs alone , but with your mind as well .
And it's not always the strongest rider who takes the win..because sit out of the wind is actually a kind of art
Every minute in the wind is a minute too much in the wind !

The next video shows a perfect example of "the game against the wind " at 50 sec. runtime..

Edit :Just found it for you in video # 2 => "It's about crosswinds in English" !
I'm an expert at staying out of the wind. I'll ride echelon when ever there is a cross and the people who don't understand get all pissed off at me. Whatevs.