View Single Post
      02-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #18
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

I have the RPI and have played with a few configurations. Here are a couple random thoughts:

1. Not sure if the RPI scoop minus software actually makes a difference but it might at the top end and at hwy speed.

2. I tried RPI with stock filter and charcoal filter...no difference over stock I could tell. I bought my scoop used so I had to order my BMC from Europe and did the stock filter+charcoal filter combo with my scoop for a few weeks.

3. I put in my BMC and removed my charcoal filter/stock paper filter. Not sure if it is faster but the revs seem to rise and fall much quicker. It seems like the car revs faster...not sure if this is added power but I have switched back to stock paper filter/charcoal filter and it seemed to rev less freely. I make no claims other than this is what I percieved.

4. I am getting ESS software and do believe my intake/exhaust modifications plus software will get the best result with noticeable gains. I get my software tomorrow and am happy to share my results

5. In summary, it is a fairly cheap mod that makes the car rev quicker with stock software. Does it make more power, not sure but it seems like a little more power up top and at hwy speed.

My opinion only.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.

Last edited by Burt Reynolds; 02-19-2009 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0