View Single Post
      05-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #43
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
when we bought the house the water company came by to turn the water on and noticed that our system did not have the updated transmitters so he ended up installing them that way meters are read without having a meter guy walking around the neighborhood.

my issue now is i've been looking into our sprinkler system and according to the neighbors cost to use the sprinkler system during say the summertime when there's not much rain cost go anywhere from $600-$1000! also, i saw a receipt from the previous owners sitting on the water sprinkler control panel and i saw for Winterization $6700! now i don't know if that's just money owed throughout the year or if that's what it cost to winterize. i'm afraid to even turn the sprinklers on but i really need to know where all the sprinkler heads are so i can flag them before aerating the yard any ideas?
Around us, if you are going to have a watering system, most everyone puts in a separate water meter just for the sprinkler system. Reason being it is not the water bill that kills you it is the sewage bill which goes way up since they multiply your water usage to calculate the amount of waste water, the number is more than what comes out of your house since they have to use clear water to dilute the waste water before they clean it all. I know the extra meter is $1500 to install, the meter is only a few hundred $ but the water company knows they loose out on extra sewage $ when people do this so they make it expensive to buy. They also require the second meter to be inspected from time to time to make sure people are not using it for anything buy watering their lawns.

To put in a watering system for my place it was going to cost me $10K, plus water usage. I even have a natural spring on my property and lots of water comes up from the ground and the Environmental Police in the town will not allow me to use ground water to water my lawn since it was a protect wet land. Did not know I had protect wet lands on my property. The town runs the well and water and sewage system so they have interest in letting people get off cheap.