View Single Post
      05-02-2017, 06:33 AM   #41
a4nut
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 13 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
when we bought the house the water company came by to turn the water on and noticed that our system did not have the updated transmitters so he ended up installing them that way meters are read without having a meter guy walking around the neighborhood.

my issue now is i've been looking into our sprinkler system and according to the neighbors cost to use the sprinkler system during say the summertime when there's not much rain cost go anywhere from $600-$1000! also, i saw a receipt from the previous owners sitting on the water sprinkler control panel and i saw for Winterization $6700! now i don't know if that's just money owed throughout the year or if that's what it cost to winterize. i'm afraid to even turn the sprinklers on but i really need to know where all the sprinkler heads are so i can flag them before aerating the yard any ideas?
wow, my winterization costs $67, and frankly all they do is blow out the water and turn it off. I can't imagine what they could possibly do that would cost $6700, unless they remove the system entirely and then reinstall it.

As for the $600-$1000, maybe they watered every day for hours? I run mine 3 days per week for about 2 hours and that's plenty in the summer. My increase is only about $100/month.