View Single Post
      01-05-2023, 12:03 PM   #12
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3

I see a lot of bad habits on this thread then it comes to sleep. Not only do I treat people with OSA, whether it's very mild, OHI=5, or very severe OHI=75+, I usually have to review sleep habits before starting treatment with my patients. No electronics in the bedroom, not even TV. No alcohol within three hours of bedtime. Very dark and cold, around 65-68 degrees in room. Comfortable pillows and bed. Try to sleep on your left side. It helps your organs to not become compressed, and it prevents acid reflux which I'm sure many here have.

I use those bamboo pillows and love them. I used to need three of four to support my head, but now I only need one bamboo pillow and it also stays cold. Sleep latency time should be around 12-20min to fall asleep. Much shorter time means you probably have excessive daytime sleepiness, too long means you may be too connected with electronics. I'm sure most of you have had a sleep study and if you want me to give my opinion on it I'd be happy to do so.

I have been very successful treating OSA patients with custom oral appliance. I am one of two dentists who have a sonar/ultrasound machine to evaluate the nasal and oral airway. I use it to establish the ideal treatment position of the lower jaw and tongue. Then I dial in the position to remove any snoring. In most of my cases I am able to increase the airway efficiency by 190% or greater. My best to date has been a 655% increase in air flow.

Sleep dreams.
2000cs3502.50
rebekahb3132.50