View Single Post
      09-17-2022, 10:26 PM   #33
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
So can you clarify on what you meant then?
Cars are going to be made with non-serviceable parts that cost more than $20K just for parts, rendering these cars as mechanically totaled at a rather young age/mileage.

Quote:
Tesla can't, and neither can anyone else. You're right.

When did tesla launch their first production car available for sale?

Where are they now?

8 years battery warranty. Same warranty they had 10 years ago. The chemistry of the batteries is unchanged. You are waiting for an as-yet uninvited solution to get to the nirvana you have promised, and betting big on it too. There is a reason the warranty hasn't changed :

Tesla can't, and neither can anyone else. You're right.

Quote:
If anything, tesla is still 10 years ahead of everyone else. On a "dead" battery technology. It will only improve from here.
Untill the "unobtanium" battery is invented, you are still stuck with what we have now. I just looked at Tesla EV's sold today, still the same battery technology. If I buy one today, were will I be in 8 years?

Quote:
Is carbon cleanup on a 30k engine still under warranty? Let's say my M3 has 30k miles. Can i schedule a carbon cleanup tomorrow and it'll be covered? If not, how much does that usually run?
Does it need it?

Quote:
You can't clean a degraded battery. You replace it. If battery warranty is 10 year, you have nothing to worry about for 10 whole years.
And then it costs $20-30K

Quote:
And as i said earlier. As time moves foward, this technology will improve thus running up the warranty to maybe 12 years or 15. If you buy an EV in 2035 because you want to wait, imagine not having to worry about a battery replacement out of your pocket until 2050?
Still betting on unobtanium?

Quote:
The average age of a car on the road today is 12 years. Are you keeping your cars longer than 12 years? People lease. People finance for 60 or 72 months. Then trade or sell and get something new.
And at this rate it will fall to 8 it seems, and no one will see a problem with that. Because why not just throw it away and buy another. That's Super green.

Quote:
These habits all fall under a battery warranty if a warranty lasts 10-15 years.
Is there such a thing?

Quote:
Cool. So a chevy bolt. And a 2013 model s.
Hmmm. 2 cars of the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of EV's on the road.
Any model S, 3, X, and model Y are all in the same general range, as are a lot of other brands. This isn't any secret, nor limited in scope.

Quote:
I'll take a chance at keep owning an EV.
Start saving now and I'm sure you can be ready for it.
Cos270608.50
Efthreeoh17315.00