View Single Post
      09-17-2022, 02:37 PM   #23
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
So you're implying all car makers are created equal?

If tesla has terrible customer service and/or assume no responsibility to the longevity of their cars, we can assume everyone else will be the same?

Just want to make sure this is what you're implying.
No

Quote:
For a new car with a warranty, you don't even need to worry. Are you buying an EV? Probably not just going by your post so when you do have to, meaning by 2035, battery technology will have greatly improved and by then i'm assuming battery warranty will be 10-12 or even 15 year. So you won't even have to worry about replacing the battery pack in your car until 2050! How cool is that?
My next car is most likely going to be an EV.

Battery warranties on Teslas have been the same for 10 years, by your math it should be double what it currently is. Tesla can't alter the laws of physics.

Quote:
I guess i can use the same response i just posted above.
So you don't know? Or you just plan to throw the car away regardless?

Quote:
You know, and i know, carbon deposits rob an engine of power. Similar to a battery weakening over time. At least that's the argument people make when talking about how EV's are no good.
You can clean an engine with carbon buildup, you can't clean the degraded chemistry in a battery.

Quote:
Fact is, engines don't last nearly as long as they did back in the day.
source?

Quote:
Of all the tesla owners out there, even those who have bought and probably still own the very first ones are probably doing just fine.

The article OP posted is one guy. One guy doesn't represent the entire brand.
And every one of them faces this financial liability. It represents the entire brand, and numerous others.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/7935230001/

“A Chevy Volt, with just 70,000 miles, needed a new battery and some coolant,” reads an Aug. 25 post shared more than 600 times. “That'll be $30,000 dollars please!”