First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Yes, but now it can be enforced solely on its own and not as part of some other primary offense. Virginia is making it easier to ticket loud exhaust and
Is doing so for a reason. Significantly because of public complaints. So this is a notable development.
It has always been a point of failure in a State Inspection if the exhaust has been modified, but it has never stopped anyone I know from passing inspection. Let me know when you see a cop stop a Harley on straight pipes. Or a pickup truck raised beyond bumper height limits. It's like an unholy fraternity where cops won't stop anyone with a domestic pickup with tires poking out way beyond the fenders, Harleys with straight exhaust, or Corvettes without front license plates. Just don't expect the same "courtesy" if you're in an M3.
I agree that asymmetric enforcement as well as non-enforcement is problematic. I do hope it helps address the most egregious offenders in my local area, but I understand that law enforcement has issues bigger than my personal gripes to deal with.
br2wdc275.50