Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I drove my 6-speed diesel pickup longer than 2 hours and less than 5 miles...on the Long Island Expressway...in Sunday evening beach/Hamptons traffic...towing my 24-foot enclosed race car hauler. Not for the faint of heart, with suicidal cars cutting your truck/trailer off. The experience didn't change my mind about driving a manual gearbox. Heck, it actually made the trip nicer, since the truck has a super-low "creeper" first gear where it can crawl along at slower than a walking pace with no throttle input. Perfect "cruise control" for trips through the NYC area!

When I first got the truck in 2008, I thought that the G56 gearbox was tiring to row through the gears in town compared to my car shifters. My opinion changed after a few months, and you will have to pry that shift knob out of my cold, dead, twitching hands.....
I also have a few 6spd diesel trucks and a 24' enclosed car trailer.....I've been daily driving a Ram diesel with the NV5600 for 16 years now. Love the truck and prefer the 6spd G56 and NV5600 to the 68RFE.....but still didn't want a 6spd in the F type or Z4.

to each their own.

Dave
vreihen1615278.50