TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep

Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerwithholes View Post
quick google....
http://photo.net/equipment/canon/can-tam-macro/

So you tried a few lens in Ritz came up a verdict for that whole manufacture. =>Tamron and Sigma produce shitty images...

I am not even gonna argue with you anymore. Why don't you go argue in Nikon board say "all 2nd manufacture lens are not worth buying because they all produce shitty image" see what response you get.

btw I believe in photo-skill not lens or camera body. I believe some 2k dollars lens is better than say 300 dollars 2nd manufacture lens. But saying 300 dollars lens will produce shitty images and not wroth buying is just retarded
One review of a lens, where the reviewer frequently acknowledges the Canon to be a better lens.....and the Canon is only $10 more? This review is also from one of the easiest focal lengths to design and manufature. Extreme tele and ultra-wide to ultra-ultra wide is a different story. Sigma and Tamron have come a long way, but Nikon and Canon are well in front and getting better as well. For my money I will buy Nikon lenses, becuase they are significantly better, and the cost is worth it to me. I do this as a hobby, and just happen to make some good money at it. I seek perfection in my photography, and expect it from my equipment. What good is a cheaper lens if it doesn't deliver the same sharpness and results of the more expensive lens? Sure, you have to go 8x10 to see it, but if you just want 3x5 or 5x7 snapshots, why bother with the size, weight, cost and complexity of a DSLR? Get an excellent $500 point and shoot, and get 99% of the images for a fraction of the cost and effort.

I absolutely believe the most important aspect of any photograph is the photographer. But the best photographer can not produce an image that exceeds the quality of the lens. And my comparison, as well as those of many reputable photographers and labs, show the Tamron to repeatedly trail a Sigma by a wide margin in most lenses, and the Sigma to trail the Canon or Nikon by a smaller margin in every lens review I've read or performed.

Finally, don't take liberties with what I have typed. I made no absolute statements, as you have tried to paraphrase me, but instead offered the OP my significant experience, and the reulting opinions I have formed over 20 years of photography.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended