03-04-2024, 04:33 PM   #114
medialook
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: X5 40d G05

Garage List
2022 BMW X5 40d  [10.00]
To be honest I find it hard to believe. Had 3 X5 in last 6 years. F15 30d mSport, G05 30d mSport and current one (and the most expensive) G05 40d mSport. I'm affraid this will be my last one new BMW. During the last 1.5 year of its ownership two major issues. AC failure - first fan blower motor replaced which didn't help followed by heather box replacement which required dismantling entire dashboard. AC was working but I still think it's not right as it's much weaker on the front vs rear. Will go to another dealer for inspection. Now just picked my car from service as the roof was leaking - by the passenger door and then from the driver / passenger microphones. Pano roof cassette replaced followed by glass pano roof modules. The same issue in my previous G05 30d. This caused permanent water marks on the leather dash which will be replaced as well once it's delivered to the dealer.... quite horrible experience - don't want to even think about cost of repair if not covered under waranty... The only BMW I'm kind of tempted now is previous gen M2. Also what's worth to mention during the repairs I had several loan cars. 2 series grand tourer and most recently i4. Comparing to X5 those cars feel horrible - plastic everywhere and this digital dash that feels cheap and the worst is button button removal - any function requires you to play with the touchscreen....