View Single Post
      06-09-2022, 08:16 AM   #34
EricVR4
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I'm not going to argue with the wings on this group, they are legendary for their states of denial. But I'll say that in my experience, not my opinion, there are far too many people that are taking advantage of the COVID-induced situation with regards to "working" at home. That's not to say that some of those jobs shouldn't have always been from home, it's just to say that I'm in an industry where I have seen many people taking advantage of it. And no, I won't discuss my industry.

Cheers.
There's always going to be "bad eggs" but you can't lump everyone all together and say WFH is useless or a bad thing.

I was WFH for 2 years and my corporate office decided to not listen to anyone and mandated us back in the office 3 days a week starting this past April. I'm 100% billable to a client and they couldn't care less where we work (we used to share offices with them pre-COVID, now we don't). But corporate wanted it, so we're back 3 days a week.

I'm middle management and spend 25-30 hours a week "managing" my people and 25-30 hours a week working on project-related things. I can unequivocally say that I'm nearly twice as efficient working from home, as are my employees. It's a very noticeable difference in the 3 days we're in the office compared to the 2 at home. The better mental health side of WFH cannot be understated either. It creates happier employees which in turn creates better work (and vastly less employee turnover, something which is a rampant problem at my company now).

Around 90% of my program agrees too (~300 employees). Are there some that used the WFH as an advantage to do as little work as possible? Definitely. But those are also the same people who waste hours every day in the office with "water cooler talk", long lunches, and just finding anything they can do except work.

Work location doesn't dictate someone's work ethic. That's down to the person.
5.M0NSTER3353.50
Cos270608.50
rebekahb3132.50
minn1914037.50