View Single Post
      07-23-2021, 03:54 PM   #55
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by longm1985 View Post
I know this is old and OP may not see this, but thanks for posting this. Also thanks to all those who have commented. I want to grow my watch collection, but debate between one more expensive thing (Seamaster is my personal favorite) or more lesser cost watches, and this has given me plenty of ideas.

Currently, my I almost never take it off and have a major tan line from it watch is a Citizen Promaster Diver I got earlier this year for somewhere under $300. I love the look of it, and the craftsmanship for a cheaper watch is fantastic. Feels great, perfect weight (a bit heavy for some but you guys probably wouldn't mind it), and was a screaming deal. Also far more accurate than my Invicta skeleton automatic (I'll post a photo of that too).

This is the Invicta. It was an anniversary gift from my wife, and is currently being serviced. Definitely not very accurate, but the skeleton look is so cool. Don't have a great shot of it fully, but I'll try to get one for this thread once it's back in my possession.
Nothing wrong with filling out the collection with cheaper watches that you like and saving the big ticket ones for special occasions or milestones. It makes them all the more special when you do that.

im starting to get back into the more affordable watches as the watch market has gotten rediculous the last few years. granted, i still have a few of my more expensive pieces, but i find myself liking and buying more interesting cheaper watches. And to be honest, unless its a rolex, no one knows if it is $100 or $10,000.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
longm1985398.50