View Single Post
      03-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #168
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

It always takes me a few years to get used to body styling changes when the new model comes out.

I never thought I would get a C6 as I had numerous C5's before I finally moved into a C6. But I had an affinity for the FRC design. Plus it's so easy to make power with the LS platform.

Interior quality/design has always been the "sore spot" for Corvettes....especially the seats.

I finally moved to a C6 when the C7 came out as everyone was unloading them to get into the newest model, and price dropped dramatically. The C6 market did recover slightly though after a few years.

I always buy a generation behind just because of that. But I'm still not sure if I will move to a C7 when GM does release the next model even though the C7 interior was a huge improvement over the C6.

Still trying to decide if I can live with the rear look of the car, so it might take me a little more time.

Right now.....I'm satisfied with my current C6. Just some very minor bolt-ons and I have a 3200 lb (more or less) car with around 460/460 to the wheels.

Plenty of power and a blast to drive....and I can work on it / tune it myself.

I love my (new to me) BMW 1 series as my daily driver, but I'm still learning new things as they are so completely different when it comes to doing your own work on them.
N54Yankee2707.00