View Single Post
      06-29-2022, 09:50 AM   #1
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
For those that have ordered and done PDC pickup, how does it work?

Full discourse, I've only every bought cars off of dealer stock. However, my wife's lease is coming to an end here in the next 8 months and she wants a sedan instead of an SUV (currently has an X1). We've talked about her taking my M340i, which will free me up to finally get the convertible I've always wanted.

I'm interested in a Z4 and they are far and few between at dealers. Also since the leasing market stinks, I'll probably just purchase it and if I'm going to do that, I'd prefer to spec it my way.

I'd also love to do the PDC pickup in South Carolina. For those that have done this, how does the process work? Can any dealer help me order the car? I've been trying to do some research and I saw it mentioned that dealers have allocations for certain cars, so I'm assuming this means not all dealers will be able to do this?

Also, do some dealers not just want to deal with the hassle? Can you negotiate price when doing this (not that I expect much if anything)? Any other things I should know?

Thanks in advance!