04-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #1793
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Agreed, but I think that the leaps forward are going to be smaller after this last generation. Both Nikon and Canon's full-frame cameras have spectacular IQ.

I'm afraid the next generation will be hard to come by until we're another year past the earthquake/tsunami impact. If anyone is on the fence about buying, I'd say buy now, from the current generation, or be prepared for quite a wait.

Dave
yeah, i've heard the lens prices are jumping around like crazy right now....

maybe with all the radiation, some of the leses will morph into something extraordinary, and we'll get special lenses in the future... (poor joke, i know...)

yeah, i don't expect much of a pixel increase, but canon has been working on it's 50mp forever, and they supposedly have a 120mp sensor somewhere in the works, but i suspect the 120 would be used for cinema or something.

but it wouldn't suprise me to see a 50 make it into the next 1D or some new format of camera in the next few years.

I think as of now, since nikon and sony both have over 24mp sensors in their line ups, we might see something close to 30 especially since Lica even has a 30+ megapixel and Haselblad has something like a 50-60.

I'd rather they spend the time on increasing image quality rather then showing up other companies for size.

size doesn't necessarily matter (but it definitely helps) it's how you use it.