View Single Post
      08-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #78
jnj2455
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 440i 6MT/RWD/MPPSK/2VF

I pride myself in being relatively young & carefree and having a "sporty" two door that is more impractical than not. And I often lament about the constant stream of vanilla lifted hatchback CUVs that are currently flooding the market, at the demise of fun sedans & coupes. However... I spent an extended weekend in the woods with my significant other and our 80lb dog with a newly redesigned Nissan Rogue that we had hired and it kills me inside to say this but I get it now lol.

There was absolutely no soul to this box on wheels but for that I loved it for how unremarkably drama free and adept that it was. There was no way we would've kept the dog in the back of my 440i for 6+ hours and him not having a shit fit. The Nissan's CVT wasn't miserable, the modest 181 hp was peppy enough and returned 30+ mpg, it had the modern requisites like carplay, and the driver assistance packages made the miles fly by effortlessly. Had enough room to carry just about anything, and enough clearance to handle light off-roading.

All that is to say, my vote def goes for a fun sports car and a more utilitarian CUV to handle the rest of life (if you need the space ). I wasn't mentally exhausted worrying about scratching the interior, dinging the exterior, scraping the underbody, etc. I was just content living life and for a lot of people who don't frequent the forum boards, that is more than enough.

Last edited by jnj2455; 08-02-2021 at 11:21 AM..