05-01-2023, 12:31 PM   #6
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
You aren't talking about TIRES, but it's the single most important, complex, and ironically ignored mod that affects performance the most, on the street and the track. MPSS is definitely not the best one.

Everything else depends on if you are looking for straight line speed or cornering handling.

Wheels - You want the lightest possible. Size is dependent on what sidewall you need. Ideally you stick with factory overall rolling diameter, which would involve matching the correct tire profile ratio. For cornering, you want just enough sidewall to protect the wheel, but not give too much sidewall flex for cornering. For straight line drag racing, you want taller sidewall for more grip for launches.

Tires - There are tires that do well in drag, but don't do well in cornering. Then there are tires for endurance racing and sprint. Then there are tires for wear, and for grip. We could talk forever about tires. Street performance overall my choice would be the MPS4S * BMW spec.

Spacers - are largely for looks or to fix fitment issues with rubbing. They don't directly add to performance.
I 'ignored' tires cuz I thought everyone would go to the gold std MPSS (or whatever variant, I'm not up-to-speed w what they're called now).

Ok, I just want everything set up for canyon carving, twisties. I couldn't care less about straight-line speed. Handling is the priority for me.

Tx for your above advice.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?