View Single Post
      08-21-2022, 08:10 AM   #151
Overtaxed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: RR Diesel, F450

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
Perhaps you you try out something like a 1000HP GT4e to convince yourself..

Looks like a perfect grocery getter!

I drove a high end Taycan. The power was absurd, the acceleration mind bending, and it handled and was finished well (a different light year compared to Tesla). It just didn't "do anything" for me.

I'm not arguing I'm right, in fact, I know I'm wrong and that in 20-30 years it may be impossible to even get a "performance" ICE vehicle. I just can't understand why I'm not "into it". I like cars that go fast. I love technology. I just can't get there, none of them that I've seen or driven has moved me in the way that many ICE vehicles have. Shoot, one of my vehicles is an F450; not exactly an "exciting" ride, but I love that thing. Crawl around under it regularly making sure it's healthy and well maintained. Looking for ways to make it better and more comfortable (we use it to tow a 5th wheel and gooseneck trailers). It's not the type of car that people "love", but, I'm a car nut, and I made my 450 "special" to me and better than it was when delivered (stock Ford suspension on these trucks leaves MUCH to be desired).

IDK, I'm puzzled by my non-interest. That said, if Ford ever pulls their head out of their behinds and releases a diesel electric F450, I'm buying one that day. There's no denying that electric motors pull like crazy and would make an excellent towing platform. But if it's a pure battery, no thank you; I have no use for that vehicle.