View Single Post
      09-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #64
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
Here you go, I read a dozen books on the subject, the most recent being "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living" by Jeff Volek and Stephen Phinney.

How about you? Those protein ranges are a joke. Did you get them from some celebrity fad diet book? No one, on any diet needs that much protein. Current Mr Olympia Phil Heath consumes only 30% of his calories in protein. Even an ordinary guy would have to consume almost 500g of protein to hit those numbers. You can't be serious.

I don't think I under-estimate it, considering glaring errors in all your arguments. Someone spending 15 minutes reading reddit's keto FAQ would know more about it than you do. Not only you don't know anything about keto, you're equally clueless about protein demands and recommended intake of anything. Pretty much everything you said so far is wrong.

You don't respond to facts. You make shit up. This is what you call an intelligent debate?
funny you mention the Reddit Keto Faq... Maybe you should read it.

Not even 1/10th of the way down the page "keeping protein intake moderate, 0.69 to 1.2 grams per pound lean body mass. (1.5 to 2.64 grams per kg lean body mass.) - Note that going over 0.8 grams is only suggested for people doing heavy lifting and endurance training." (I said .6 to 1.2g/lb when you told me I was making things up...)

and your math is off as well. It is widely accepted that there are approximately 4 calories per gram of protein. Someone eating 500 grams of protein a day is getting a minimum of 2k calories from just protein. Phil Heaths typical daily consumption = "One day’s total consumption: 9394 calories, 910 g protein, 881 g carbs, 239 g" or 3640 calories from protein = 39%. http://workouttrends.com/mr-olympia-...t-routine-diet

average lean body mass of in shape Adult Male in the US is ~160lbs, or 110.4g of protein on the low end of this recommendation and 192g on the high end. Take a typical caloric intake of 2500 and the 4 calories per gram of protein formula, and you are looking at 18% on the low end, and 31% on the high end of just that one recommendation.

You can google "Ketogenic diet protein requirements" and see that the recommendations vary from one "expert" to the next.

Edit: Answer me what the daily g/lb protein intake is from Stephen Phinney. Looks like he did research with what he called a "moderate protein diet" that consisted of .8g/lb of protein. Be interested to see what he suggests now.

Last edited by csu87; 09-26-2016 at 06:30 PM..