View Single Post
      09-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #58
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
How rich coming from you. You just keep proving you have no clue about ketogenic diet. You should be the one researching.

Ketogenic diet is not high protein. Quite the opposite, since excess protein is converted into glucose, it can prevent you from entering ketosis. It would be one of the first things you would have learnt about keto if you have made an effort.

That's one ignorant lie out of the way, now onto acidic blood. You are confusing ketosis with ketoacidosis, which is common among the most clueless. It's true that ketoacidosis is dangerous... for people with diabetes. They have to monitor their ketone levels for the same reason they have to monitor their glucose levels.

So yes, you are wrong. I don't care if you want stay ignorant, but if you can't be bothered to read, at least don't spread misinformation.
Im not sure if you read what I am saying or not?

And yes, the keto diet is a higher than normal protein diet. Recomendations for protein intake is .6-1.2g/lb per day on the Keto Diet. Normal recommended for someone not looking to build muscle is .3-.4g/lb per day. Every person that has ever tried to seriously gain muscle mass knows that there can be complications with this much protein. All depends on how your body tolerates it.

And yes, despite what you want to believe, high ketones do have the chance to make your blood more acidity than normal. This is dangerous to those who have pre-existing or underlying medical issues that they may or may not be aware of.

All i have been saying, is that it isnt for everyone and you should be careful if you plan on going Keto. It needs to be followed to the "T" to be done right and can be dangerous to those that dont follow correctly and/or have other medical issues. You are the one that cant seem to comprehend what I am saying. You can keep calling me ignorant, clueless, wrong, whatever you want, but it doesnt change the fact that you are not understanding the message here.