Couch
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I was watching CNBC lastnight and nothing looks positive for the big three in the short term, long term perhaps with electric and hybrids, but they need help now.

Does anyone see all three being saved or is at least one going down?
I don't think they will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Realistically, I don't see Chrysler continuing. I think GM and Ford will be the two that soldier on.

As for short term positives:
GM does have a hit with the new Malibu, CTS and the 2010 Chevy Cruze.
Ford has some great potential if they bring over the European design language.
But can they get these to the market soon enough?
Don't forget the potential the Camaro has. It's creating a huge buzz. And I believe there are enough people out there that desire the car for it to be built. However, it would be smart to not build so many that the market is saturated with them. That's one issue that needs to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Nah Chrysler will be fine, the dodge challenger is selling like hot cakes and viper are still moving pretty well also. Dodge trucks are also selling pretty well so I think chrysler will be fine. Its Ford who I'm worried about
Dodge is looking to sell of the Viper though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
a lot of it doesn't have to do with the fact that people don't want to buy cars, the credit markets really are frozen right now. until there is a little more liquidity in the credit markets, sales across the board will continue to suffer. whether or not the bailout will help is still to be determined, although i think it's a necessary start. check this out, paulson is talking about backing up the consumer credit markets, like credit cards and auto loans. if that happens, it should help out the big 3 pretty significantly, allowing them to lend again. (i'll say significantly with a grain of salt, in the end it's up to the american consumer.)
I agree. especially with your very last statement. This needs to be a HUGE WAKE UP CALL to every single consumer to not get in over your head.

You have to trust yourself, not the banks, C.U.'s, etc to have your best interest at hearts. The governments can't be the scape-goat and daddy-money-bags forever.