View Single Post
      12-04-2022, 07:39 PM   #15
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
In order for this story to be legit two unbelievable occurrences would have to be true at the same time. Dealer offers guy $170-200k over market price for car. Guy rejects $170-200k over market for car. They both must really, really hate money!
This was a few years ago, when these were real scarce, but given this guy's cars, I do not doubt his story. I don't try to pry, but I also can detect when someone is just making up BS. I had a soldier in the army that would just make up wild ridiculous unbelievable stories about himself and his family. Basically just a pathological liar. I'm not sure if he believed the crap he spewed or not, but I've met a few of those types over the years. It's like they have to one-up everything or are searching for some kind of validation that they never achieve. Anyways, this guy does not come off like that to me, he comes off as someone who is awash in money and wanted to get his hands on a C8 when they came out.

Which brings me to the point: It's probably going to be hard to get a Z06 unless you just get lucky like this guy did, he happened to be at the dealership when the customer returned the C8, but these things do happen...just not all that commonly. Maybe if you reached out to a bunch of bigger dealers and had some friendly salespersons or someone inside that could help you might get a leg-up on something like this. I'm sure it'll happen...it just won't happen a lot.