Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I have some camera editing software in my ipod touch, i don't really see the point in trying to process on the phone, the picture is too small on the screen to really make out detail. just email the picture to your computer and address it on DxO or lighroom when you get home. That's what if i ever take a half decent shot with my phone or Itouch (which is almost never....)

that's just my opinion, looking through what i said, it looks more like i'm telling you what to do, and that's not the case
My thought in editing on the phone is so that I can send a picture out right away (while I'm standing there) and still have it look good. I'd just taken almost the same image with my 5D2, at ISO 100, small aperture and mounted on my big tripod, so the iPhone photo, in this case, was more instant communication than final documentation. Being perceived as a picture-guy by family and friends, I don't want to send out crap, so I did a little, light processing.

The receivers also have smart-phones in these cases, so they're seeing what I see on my iPhone screen.

I DO plan to use my iPhone when I have no other camera around. I've been using it here and there, even when I have a big camera, to get familiar with it and be ready if I ever have a quick-draw opportunity for a once in a lifetime shot, when it's the only camera around.

Dave