Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Verbiage,

As much as most White folks want to or think they understand being non-white, most just have no idea. And this is not to be offensive. It's a conclusion I've solidified over a long time.

I observe. And in the NY Metro area, most white people are pretty chill and have a mix of real friends. But as you move away from that spectrum...where there's a more homogenous White community, the "ignorance" is very apparent.

I don't use ignorance here as a CW term or in a derogatory way. I use it in the pure defintion of "not knowing".

I employ empirical evidence that I've observed in Dallas. You'd be surprised how unknowing some White people are of other cultures, let alone knowing they could say or do something offensive to other races. Something simple like wearing a sombrero and thick mustache and posing for a Mexican Tuesday photo is all in good fun but ended up
Pissing off a bunch of Latinos.

I chalk it up to the lack of exposure and lack of "ethnic" experience.

Growing up among 33% Asians in my HS and then 25% Asian in college, I really got a firsthand view of what it means to be Asian in the US. Hanging out with my Puerto Rican friends and their families through college helped me gain insight on their culture. Same goes for Nigerian American, Indian, and Black. All perspectives different than growing up in a purely White American framework.

My 2 cents.

Hey dude, no offense taken, at least over here. That's great input given your circumstantial evidence and experience.

To be quite blunt, stereotypes exist for a reason. They are given fuel by the people who personify them daily. This is not going to change. Do I break the stereotype of black people? A lot of the time, yes. Sometimes, no.

Do I take offense to racial remarks when they are underscored with negative connotations? Of course I do.

However, the fact of the matter is that our ethnicities have dug a grave of preconceived notions and it is up to us as individuals to set the tone for local change with regard to our operating circles. I am sick and tired of the bitching and complaining about my race from people of other races like we are supposed to be some kind of fucking pity group, or something. We are not entitled, we are not scorned.

Anyway, I'll go back to my humorous responses. Just had to get that shit off of my chest.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.