View Single Post
      05-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #488
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post
I'm surprised you took that so well, I would've thought you'd be pretty angry about that goal bing waved off and then eventually losing. While I agree that the push seemed pretty small, it was still a cross-check, while the guy has forward momentum. and but despite that, I may have agreed with you if Pavelski was not also tripped by a Nashville defensemen's leg, which really sent him tumbling into Rinne. And I felt the same way about the PP in OT...I never really felt all that worried about them scoring; they just didn't have the mechanics in OT to get it done it didn't seem

disappointing performance in game 5 to say the least. I didn't even watch the game because of mother's day festivities, etc. (who decided to put the game on in the middle of the afternoon on mothers day, anyhow!? again, fuck you, Bettman), but from the highlights and what I heard it was a disaster. Oh well. I suppose I am happy that we made it out of the first round finally, and that I got to witness it in person. and that we went further than the Rangers...that is a big win for islanders fans lol
Yeah, that call could have went either way...in the regular season it would have been a goal but as a game winner and eliminator in OT I suppose they had to split hairs. As long as the Sharks win the series it will be water under the bridge.

I watched that game and the Isles just looked flat and not too desperate for the first half of the game. They looked like a team sitting back and waiting to see who would score. Too bad. Greiss really did look good, but Tampa is just more composed.