11-17-2022, 09:46 AM   #482
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Almost all of them get this, you don’t think they helped create hatred towards LH/Toto/MB? This is what I’ve talked to you about here but you constantly ignore it. It’s a societal thing that needs to change. We all need to be better.
I love you minn but "We all need to be better" is a very empty statement. What solution is there for the short-comings of being human? Compelling speech? Silencing opinions that hurt sensitive anuses? The American founding fathers literally established a Republic based on that fact that humans are pieces of crap and will exploit and abuse power with enough time as history has proven over and over again.

I think we can all agree that things get out of hand and this behavior is unbecoming but that's life. This is what annoys so many about cheap virtue signaling from some of the drivers. Almost everyone knows what good etiquette is and yet we still break it often. In reality, we can all acknowledge garbage behavior but the optimal solution is to develop thicker skin. Yes, there are some extreme behaviors that don't fall into the conversation but calling someone or their family a doodie head on social media is trashy just like saying someone cheated on their wife is trashy but these aren't things that anyone can control without damaging the big picture.
M5Rick58907.50