View Single Post
      11-16-2022, 08:13 AM   #453
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I think that tweet from Sophie Kumpen is pretty low if she actually wrote that.
Checo's private affairs are...his private affairs.
I assume Sophie wasn't there in the bedroom with Checo, so it's still speculation, and with such a tweet, you're hurting Checo's wife even more. She has nothing to do with this.
For sure it's not helping the situation at hand.

However I can understand Max' frustration about Monaco.
I mean he has a contract with RB, and back then, so had Checo a brand new contract, he signed in Monaco before the race.
Obviously no one here knows the content of those contracts, but I'm sure in there it says that Max is the main/first driver (otherwise Max wouldn't have signed for so long).
So if Max is convinced that Checo crashed for his own gain, that would be in direct conflict with the agreements they just made.
Horner and Marko failed to solve this situation sufficiently back then and now they paid the price for that.
Obviously Max showed this year (and last year) that he's way way above Checo when it comes to drivers skills, so it's really up to RB how they solve these kinds of issues.
If you have a legend performer, you need a submissive 2nd violin. That's why Bottas was placed next to Hamilton, Barichello next to Schumacher, Berger next to Senna and that's Checo's role next to Max.
Maybe Checo was a bit too overconfident in his role because he just signed his new contract...
So I wonder how this will go with Mercedes, especially if they manage to get a more competitive car next year.
Obviously Russel is the 2nd driver next to Hamilton and fur sure something will have been put down in his contract about this. It was Russel who asked on the radio "are we racing or not" (him and Lewis). A first driver (HAM, VER, etc etc) would never ask that question.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-16-2022 at 08:31 AM..
NYG10692.00
M5Rick60013.50
Autobacs1346.50
Mr Pete1596.50