04-15-2022, 07:43 AM   #2704
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
The biggest offender I've seen of this is a girl that used to actually work for the gym. She's maybe 5'3 or 4 weighing in at maybe 120 or so. Watched her "bench" 185. Hand grip spread as far out as she can manage to still reach the bar. Back arched so high that the only part of her body contacting the bench is the top part of her shoulders/back of her neck. Range of motion is maybe a few inches. She gets these guys to spot her and not one of them say anything about her piss poor form.

I did get a chuckle when she attempted to do the same crap at the incline bench with 135. Can't arch your back enough to cheat on that one. Next thing I see is the weight down to 95.

I cringe with the thought of her ever providing any personal training to anyone.
Yeah there are some real abusers, for me the attached should be what your back position should look like. I think this guys grip can be wider, but depends what areas you want to work. Weight is on the shoulders, arched under the lower back, feet planted, ass on the bench.
Attached Images

zx10guy5149.50
M4Tejas770.00