02-06-2023, 08:03 PM   #5566
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I will straight up and say the whole woke TV thing is completely and utterly out of hand. It is getting beyond ridiculous. In their desperation to tick every box i've seen shows WHERE THE CHILD ISN'T THE SAME RACE AS THE PARENTS.

It's all become so predictable and laughable, you NEVER see a hetero couple, it's like they are extinct.

BUT, in Episode 3 they handled it very well and it didn't feel fake or forced.
Ok, I don't have the same vehement reaction as you haha, but, yes, I do agree w what you're saying. If we go by %ages, supposedly heteros are 90% of the population but it seems like they are the minority in media portrayals. I dunno what the agenda is, but they are going about it the wrong way regardless. I just can't help but feel it's yet another ulterior motive thing, why now and why so emphatic? I totally accept others and I accept natural ways of introducing elements and nuances, but to be overbearing is a bit too much. To be fair though, as a counterpoint, maybe it only seems excessive because these *never* used to be portrayed at all. In any event, I don't have such a strong reaction, in the end, I'm not gonna lose any sleep either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I believe your post is pretty spoiler free.

I agree with you entirely. This has nothing to do with my "personal beliefs". This is a fictional, scfi, fantasy TV show. Nothing more or less. It just happens to have real life elements. The acting and emotions of this episode are undeniable.

And who even uses the term "woke" anymore?
I find that the ones that do, are easily offended about anything. You know, like "Karen's".
Tx, I put a warning just in case.

I think some ppl put way too much emphasis on ppl's sexuality. Yes, it can be distracting for whatever reason/agenda, but if the story holds, I'll still watch it unless they insert scenes like that at the gas station for Zoolander every 5 mins LOL.

Who knows about the 'woke' term, I'm alright w it even though it's meant to be derogatory; some ppl really do need to 'wake up' haha.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?