12-04-2022, 11:18 AM   #171
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Agree with most what you said. Fine with TCU at #3 to avoid a first round Big10 match-up. Nothing objective will move Alabama above TCU but watching both teams and Alabama with their schedule against the SEC West and tough teams like Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, A&M and to come out with 2 last minute losses by a handful of points. People want to see competitive games. TCU is going to get schooled by Georgia and I'll likely flip the channel by end of the 1st quarter. In my opinion, Georgia needs to earn it and it should go through Alabama. If they had met in the SEC championship and they beat Alabama, then yea I say leave them off but that did not happen.
A number of ridiculous things had to happen to even get this conversation on the table and all of it happened. Providence points to putting Bama in but fine either way.
I just don’t see the SEC West in the same light this particular season. A&M was an absolute disaster. Auburn wasn’t far behind. Arkansas 6-6. LSU, Ole Miss and Miss State all lost 4 games. I don’t see that as parity among great teams. I think it was clearly a down year. There have been years when there were two or three great teams in the SEC West. Just not this year.

I agree with UGA needing to earn it, but don’t see Bama as much of a threat to them this year. I don’t really see any team as much of a threat to them. I do think TCU earned a spot. And if the system is going to let a 2 loss team in over a team with a better resume, then just eliminate teams from certain conferences from consideration up front.